Saturday 28 June 2014

Not So Cheesy


When I heard we were going to Cheddar, I immediately thought I'd eat my own body weight in cheese. Not so. I sampled the local delicacies but the grass in cheddar just tastes like…well…grass. 
We met plenty of locals on our walk up the gorge with horses, goats and even deer making an appearance. They weren't very friendly, they just tried to out do me in the art of staring. Who are they kidding?



After a paw pounding climb, we found the perfect spot to share a sandwich and some laughs.



When we got back to camp I was so exhausted that I just wanted to sleep. However, I met a funky little bearded dude called Monty so that gave me a second wind. We had a good chat, nose to bottom. He'd come all the way from Yorkshire and gave me some good tips about having a dip in the neighbouring stream.
I pray for a good hot summer because ice cream always rounds off these hot days perfectly.


 
Just remember that house rules don’t apply to holidays so sleep on their bed and bite their sandwiches because it’s all laughed off. That's the Olive way.








No comments:

Post a Comment