Sunday 20 January 2013

My Winter Lodge



The white stuff made a dramatic return this weekend. However, this year I was much better prepared. My jacket was on and my ball was in my mouth. I pawed at the gate while dad took his sweet time opening it and then…I was off!



While I ran around the garden, amusing myself, I noticed that an odd construction was being built. Being fairly new to snow, I couldn’t fathom it out. They were making shapes and putting them on top of each other. It was a far cry from the scary snow figures they built last year, but I was intrigued. However, they were reluctant to let me help, anytime I came near, I was pushed away!
I didn't care. By now my paws were beginning to freeze and my jacket was wet from diving for my ball, so it was off to the couch.
I woke to dad calling for me and the smell of a Schmacko was lingering. I dutifully went outside and they lured me towards the cavern standing on the deck. The smell was overwhelming and coming from inside the cavern, so I bravely went inside. 

 

The ground was so soft and comfy so I humoured them by plonking myself down. As I lay inside, scoffing down those tasty treats, mum asked, “do you like your new Winter Lodge?” and you know what? I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment